Apply for the World Bank Young Professionals Program
Deadline: 31 July, 2015
Open to: young professionals with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
Remuneration: a 5-year term contract, spending 24 months in a structured development program, plus a variety of benefits and opportunities.
It is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others; as well as to WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank;
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1983);
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences; engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others; and other WBG corporate areas such as communications; information technology, human resources and corporate finance;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Young Professionals are offered a 5-year term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
How to apply?
The application for the 2016 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank closes on July 31, 2015. Before you apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
- Follow this link to apply online